Welcome to The Firehouse
Fully open serving food & drink to eat in or take away.
Please check out all our menus online. Please Call us on 01458 887447 to make a reservation
The Firehouse Somerset is a Village pub that has been lovingly restored with a modern twist yet full of traditional charm.
We are passionate about creating homemade, fresh food using the finest locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy the theatre of our pizza oven as you are greeted at the door.
We have an array of interesting fine wines, local ciders and real ales for you to experience in the warmth of an armchair next to one of our wood burners.
UPDATED CUSTOMER INFORMATION WHEN VISITING
THE FIREHOUSE SOMERSET (updated 24th September 2020)
In line with recent government guidelines regarding licensed hospitality venues we have updated our health & safety procedures.
The health and well-being of our customers and team members has, and always will be, an absolute priority. Please feel assured that management have carefully considered the latest official government requirements and have undertaken a strict risk assessment, to prioritise the safety of all those at The Firehouse.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We are limiting the number of customers on site at all times.
- Additional cleaning procedures are underway
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser is available on entry of the building & at various points throughout the building
- We encourage contactless card payments where possible
- All card machines are sanitised after each usage
- Screens are installed in some higher risk areas
- When at the till point and for bathrooms we ask that customers always adhere to social distancing measures & wear masks.
- All customers must wear face masks upon entering the building & moving around inside, the only exception is when they are sat at their table eating & drinking
- All front of house team members will wear face coverings when serving customers
- The team have been trained and will maintain strict health and safety measures
- Our team follow the highest standards of personal hygiene. For environmental reasons we endorse regular hand washing over disposable gloves.
- We welcome our guests new and old alike but refrain from handshakes and any form of physical contact.
- Every team member is temperature checked on arrival to work, anyone with coronavirus symptoms will be required to take a test and follow the steps of the government ‘test & trace’ service.
THE HOUSE BAR
- All guests drinking must provide contact details for track & trace
- We are operating table service in the bar, once all the tables are full, we will not accept any more guests, it is first come, first served.
- Additional socially distanced chairs and tables have been set up in The Kilner Room for drinkers
- Doors & Windows remain open to ensure extra ventilation, weather permitted
- Chairs & Tables must not be moved around in the bar area
- Guests must wear masks upon leaving their table to go to the bathroom or exiting the building
- Last orders called at 9:45pm daily, all guests must leave the building by 10pm when the doors will be locked.
THE GARDEN TERRACE
- All guests & dogs entering through the rear gate into the garden terrace will need to advise our host at reception they are seated in the garden to receive table service & give their contact details for track & trace.
- All furniture must be kept in the existing position and not moved to accommodate large groups
- Maximum of 6 people around one table
- Masks must be worn outside until you are sat at your table
- Last orders called at 9:45pm, all guests must leave the garden by 10pm when the gates will be locked.
OUR RESTAURANT DINING
- Maximum of 6 people to dine at one table
- Tables will be positioned in line with government guidelines.
- Guests must arrive at the confirmed reservation time and not to be early or late to ensure they can head straight to their table to minimise other customer contact.
- To reduce contamination, no cutlery or glassware will be on the tables on arrival and you will be served by the same team member throughout your meal, where possible.
- We have changed our use of condiments to sachets only.
- Tables will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised with single use cleaning materials.
- We welcome children, however for the safety of other diners we ask that they remain at your table or with an adult at all times.
- It is a government regulation that all diners provide contact details for track and trace.
TAKE AWAY COLLECTIONS
- There is a designated food collection point that is sign posted on arrival
- Customers are asked to arrive on time for their collection to avoid congestion
- We encourage online ordering and payment prior to arrival to speed up the collection process
- Please smoke in the designated smoking areas in the rear garden and the front seating area
- No smoking at the front door canopy
- Social distancing must be adhered to when smoking
10pm DAILY CLOSURE
- We ask that everyone disperses quickly and does not gather in groups
- Noise should be kept to a minimum on leaving to respect the local residents
THANK YOU FOR KEEPING OUR TEAM & YOURSELVES SAFE IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES
This message is only visible to site admins